2 He who loves his life shall lose it; and he who hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal. Once you have found the true way of the cross, still it is too hard for many to travel; so few will enter the narrow gate. It is not easy to lose your life. It is not easy to persistently and patiently sit in humble silence and wait on God as you listen, watch, and then obey completely. It is not easy to look at your will and what is in your heart as the Lord shows it to you. To be successful, first you have to have been drawn in love; you cannot come to the Lord and suffer through the cross just to avoid Hell. From the Word of the Lord within: "People can't come in fear; they have to come in love;" the Father has to have drawn you with a revelation that instills a hunger in you for more for the love of God and hunger because more-of-Him is the only lasting motivator. Those who have not been drawn by God with a spiritual experience that gives you a taste and hunger for more, you must turn from evil as best you can, distribute liberally to the poor, and pray to God to give you that experience, promising in return that you will seek Him with your best effort. Even after being drawn and given the hunger, many cannot bear the cross to the end because they love their life too much to let it all go. So count the costs before beginning, and be sure you are willing to give all, if and when ordered.
- For whoever will save his life, shall lose it; and whoever will lose his life for my sake, shall find it. Mat 16:25
- For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. Luke 9:24
- For whoever would save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. Mark 8:35
- He who finds his life shall lose it; and he who loses his life for my sake shall find it. Mat 10:39
- If any man comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters — yes even his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:26
From the Word of the Lord within:
"The sacrifice of life has been given to the few who would lose their life to save it.
The sacrifice of life is a twist of fate.
The sacrifice of life is given to those who can afford it.
There is no life apart from God.
Few will be saved because of their love of life."
Christianity leaves people living in the lusts of their flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the thoughts of their minds, just like the rest of men; they are left in their sinful natures, walking according to the flesh, whose aim is satisfying things of the flesh; in their lusts, desires, affections, pleasures, pride, anger, vanity, fear, worries, plans, etc. If you live after the flesh [the sinful nature], you will die. Rom 8:13. By Christianity supposedly "saving" you in your sins, you have just saved your fleshly life, and you have lost your chance to find the superior life of God.