For a parallel display of the above verse(s) in New Intl, New KJ, New AmStd, Amplified, and KJV Bibles click here.
|1 Corinthians 4:5 |
Display Chapter and Footnotes
5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and expose the motives of your hearts;1 then each will receive praise from God.
1 until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and expose the motives of your hearts; The Corinthians had not spiritually advanced very far yet. Paul speaks to them that they were not yet finished with God showing us our secret sins in our hearts, so that we can repent of our evil, selfish behavior. Chained down in the darkness of our hearts, like a light shining in the dark, Christ speaks to us or shows us something; each time this occurs, he has come to us. When you seek God, by waiting on him, quietly watching and listening, he comes to teach you about yourself and himself; he comes to teach you by revelation, revealing the hidden things of your heart by his light, and by his words that teach, encourage, and command you. From the Word of the Lord within: "He has come in every word."
- Blessed are those servants whom the lord finds watching when he comes. Truly I say to you, he will gird himself and make them sit down to eat, and he will come and serve them. And if he comes in the second watch or the third watch, and finds them so, blessed are those servants. Luke 12:37-38
We eat the bread of life, which are his words that we hear and retain are the life of God.
The flesh profits nothing; the Spirit gives life. The words I speak to you are spirit and life-giving. John 6:63.
Each word we hear imparts the life of God to us; and since Jesus is the life, with each word, we receive more of Jesus.
With each word, our faith increases. With each word, we are more justified for we are justified by faith.
- Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Rev 3:20
- Blessed is the man who hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoever finds me, finds life; and he shall obtain favor of the LORD. Proverbs 8:34-35
- If you will repent at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.
Whoever listens to me and heeds what I say, shall dwell safely; and he shall be at peace from the fear of evil. Pro 1:23,33
- Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.
Watch therefore; for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, at evening, or at midnight, or at the rooster crowing, or in the morning;
And what I say to you I say to all: Watch. Mark 13:33,35,37
- Wake up and be watchful. Rev 3:2
- Remember therefore what you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If you do not keep awake and watch, I will come upon you like a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. Rev 3:3