|Isaiah 61:1-2 |
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me because the LORD has anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound [in slavery to sin];
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me because the LORD has anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound [in slavery to sin]; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, This is what the Lord read in the synagogue, and as he finished, he rolled up the scroll of Isaiah and sat down; and eyes of all those who were in the synagogue were fastened on him because they could hear the Spirit speaking through him; Jesus had just fulfilled the prophecy to begin the ministry that was foretold. Note! His ministry was:
There are other verses in Isaiah that speak similarly of bringing the prisoners (captives) out of darkness and out of the prision where they sit in darkness:
- to open blind eyes: The Net Bible translators wrote in Footnote 1 to this verse: "This does not refer to literal physical healing of the blind. As the next two lines suggest, this refers metonymically to freeing captives from their dark prisons where their eyes have grown unaccustomed to light."
- to release prisoners: The Net Bible translators wrote in Footnote 2 to this verse: "This does not refer to hardened, dangerous criminals, who would have been executed for their crimes in ancient Near Eastern society. This verse refers to political prisoners or victims of social injustice."
YET GOD SAYS IN ISAIAH 42:6 AND 49:7, THAT HE IS GIVING CHRIST, (the New Covenant of Light), AS A COVENANT TO THE PEOPLE, (the preserved of Israel and to the Gentiles...to the ends of the earth), not "to political prisoners or victims of social injustice;" the new covenant is announced by the gospel. The translators of the Bibles and the leaders of Christianity are clueless to the gospel, clueless to sin, ignorant of darkness, ignorant of light, and ignorant of salvation; these merchants of Babylon, (those, who from their carnal minds and evil imaginations, erroneously interpret and preach the scriptures, making a living doing so), do not understand that all men are in a cursed, fallen nature — in bondage, (slaves), to sin — walking in darkness, cutoff from walking in the light of God that would guide them in words and deeds of righteousness — blind to what is rightousness, blind to what is light, blind to what is the gospel, and blind to what is the truth; they do not understand that every man has in them the spirit of Satan, a carnal mind that is enmity with God, and an evil imagination thinking evil thoughts continually, all which must to be destroyed, killed, mortified, and crucified so that man can come out of darkness to walk and see by the light; and this must occur while man still lives on the earth so that when he dies, he is fit for the company of heaven.
- I further decry those who make a living preaching the scriptures.
- The leaders of Christianity are dogs — blind, dumb, ignorant dogs; professing to know everything, they know nothing; professing to know everything, they live their lives as fools.
- They want to be sons; they recognize the scripture, "he that is born of God has no sin," but they blithely go on.
- They do everything for show.
Those who preach against perfection have a lack of earnest faith.
- These people are far from me, living in sin and teaching others the inevitability of sin until death.
- Outside the faith, they are teaching an equilibrium between good and evil.
- Those who follow the advice of these unpurified leaders, their life is like a bubble.