|Romans 12:18 |
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live peaceably with everyone.5 [From the Word of the Lord within: "Strive to live at peace with all men."]
5 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live peaceably with everyone. From the Word of the Lord within: "Strive to live at peace with all men." Pursue peace with all men, and holiness [consecration, sanctification], without which no man will see the Lord. Heb 12:14. Some of the efforts you must make to live at peace with everyone are as follows:
Forgive all offences from others by:
- As William Penn has said: "When your neighbor wrongs you, do not resent him; rather have pity for his lack of wisdom and understanding that would prevent his wrongful acts. We should make more haste to do right to our neighbor, than we do to wrong him; and instead of being revengeful, we should leave him to be judge of his own satisfaction or dissatisfaction with his unjust acts."
- Reject all anger against anyone, knowing it is hate and murder in your heart, which subjects you to judgment.
- Do not replay in your mind the injustices done to you, which only reinforces your temptation to hold anger over them. Force your mind to think of something else.
- Do not allow yourself to hold a grudge against anyone.
- Remembering all your sins done to others, and remembering that you have been forgiven by the Lord for them, ask yourself if you would have the Lord send them to Hell for what they have done to you?
- Pray for those who have treated you unjustly; even visualize hugging them in love.
- If possible, do good to those who have wronged you.
Don't argue about anything. Walk away from arguments. From the Word of the Lord within:
- "The holy people of God should avoid contentions and protracted wrangling over the bitter truth; avoid public opposition."
- "Never speak critically of any individual or any organization, no matter how deserving of criticism they are."
- "Be blind to the faults of others. Before we correct, we must be corrected. He who points the finger had better make sure his finger is clean."
- "Avoid foolish controversies."
- "Fend off pointless questions."
- Strive to be low.